Tuesday 8 May 2012

Bluebells

Bluebell "carpets" are only found in the British Isles.  Did you know that?  I didn't until quite recently.
Fresh new leaves and a bluebell carpet.  Spring is here!
End of April, time to go and check out the beautiful bluebells at Spring Wood near Whalley.  I've been going ever since I can remember and will have to get a scan of a fab picture of me when I was little wading through oceans of bluebells!

There had been some really horrid rain in the days before we trundled over there so it was a bit muddy and icky in places.  Someone was bound to slip, it was simply unavoidable.  All I can say is thank heavens for modern fabrics.  Quick drying and easy to wash.
Oops... silly me! ended up sitting in the mud...sigh...
The bluebells were very spectacular this year
The annual "Bench Shot"
A little collage of "Bench Shots" over the years.


1 comment:

scarletti said...

Oh I love the 'bench shots'. How quickly the little ones grow, but how close you all are!