Tuesday 26 January 2010

What's on the needles...

Well I decided that this January was going to be all about me. Me me me me me. However, I'm broke and there are lots of forthcoming birthdays so I've been knitting socks for others like a madwoman! On the plus side, I am knitting from stash so at least one of my tentative New Year proposals is coming to something.

There has been 2 hats, 2 pairs of socks, and a scarf so far this month. One of the hats was for my mum. I'd knitted her a scarf for Christmas which she actually liked and she asked me for a hat to go with it. Made her a Baroness beret which she was chuffed with. I was amazed. She's not normally all that impressed with my woolly offerings! Result!!

I managed to get my hands on the lovely AK Traditions patterns which I am also knitting (for daughter the elder's fast approaching birthday).

They are gorgeous though. Couldn't stretch to a kit so am using my old favorite King Cole Merino which is looking lovely so far.  I am taking my time with it though as it would be such a shame to rush it and completely cock it up.

Have changed my work pattern lately which is working out pretty well. Am able to drop the kids off at school in the mornings and DH is picking them up at the end of the day.  All good and a much shorter day for them. They have to walk home 3 times a week too which is also a good thing as we are always being told that kids don't do enough exercise these days. I will even be able to walk them to school one day a week as well so even better! It's just over a mile away so a nice bit of exercise for me too (and God knows I could do with it!)

No comments: