Thursday 8 April 2010

Granny Square Madness

I finally got around to taking some pictures of the infamous Granny Squares.














I'm using up some bright red and pale pink acrylic that I got in a moment of madness in Lidl last year. Had thoughts of knitting up some stuff for the girls but that was never really gonna happen now was it? I was seduced by the thought of bargain yarn. It's OK as far as acrylic goes but not especially nice so it's been sitting in the back of the stash cupboard for quite a while making me feel guilty. I am so glad to be shifting it by making a blanket. It's my first one so I don't mind if it turns into a pigs ear since I spent barely a tenner on it. Would be heartbroken if it was anything posher!
















I'm up to nearly 30 squares so far and there's still plenty of yarn left so hopefully it will be a decent size. Must remember to save some yarn for sewing/crocheting together and a border though. Will try to remember to take some progress shots and let you know how it's coming along.

No comments: