Sunday 17 June 2012

Colourful, scrappy granny

This is not yet a finished object.  It's a work in progress really but it has been huge fun so far.  I am a bit of a hoarder you see, and there is a massive collection of half used up balls of yarn that I keep, you know, just in case!  I desperately need more room (for more yarn, of course) so it needed using up.  Can't bear to, gulp, gasp, throw it out, goodness me no!

So may I present to you my colourful, scrappy granny blanket.  Be prepared for many gratuitous pictures ahead!

Ok, here's what I did.  I decided to do 6 round granny squares.  2 rounds per colour.  I decided to join as I went along and pick random colours all the way through.  Huge fun getting out all of my leftovers and picking out the scheme for the next square.

Currently running at 9x9 squares, 81 in total.  At this point I haven't decided whether to stop or carry on for a bit.

It's not a bad size as it is.  But it is very square.  I might add a couple of rows in one direction to make it a bit more rectangular.  I just can't make up my mind.

It's quite snuggly, as you can see and I don't think I have repeated any of the squares exactly at all yet.  Some of them have the same colours but not in the same order.  I am loving the randomness of it all and the brightness.
Get your sunglasses on! It's very bright
More colourful granny squares
The leftover yarn is mostly stylecraft special DK but there are also odd leftover balls of James C Brett's TopValue, King Cole's Pricewise and other acrylic double knitting yarns (ball bands gone astray so could be anything!).

No comments: