Sunday 26 February 2012

Centenary

Born 26th February 1912
The Titanic isn't the only centenary this year.  My grandad would have been 100 years old today if he was still alive.  I love the photo and frame above.  Taken as he was off to fight in the Second World War.
I loved my grandad.  I once believed that  he was the Bungalow Bill from the Beatles song and he went along with that.  He was a lovely man who took life as he found it and expected life to take him as it found him.  Not always politically correct but one of the most tolerant people I ever knew.  Used to have my tea with him 2 or 3 times a week when I was at school and still remember the hot pots and potato pies he made me... yummy... and the fried fish (on a Friday) and the salads!  He wasn't a big fan of salad... it was half an iceberg lettuce, some cucumber, a sliced boiled egg and some ham!! He wasn't a big fan of all "that foreign muck" either.  Good plain fare.

No comments: