Tuesday 20 November 2012

These go to eleven....

...it's one louder.

I am having a well deserved five minutes peace. It's been a long, day and finished off with manic children on a high after getting stuck into a frenetic samba session at the music centre. They are so full of joy and life but incredibly loud. As they get more and more animated, it just gets louder and louder. I think I may need to get some ear plugs! Oh, to have just a teeny, tiny bit of their energy and get up and go. All I want to do right now, is flop on the sofa and veg out!

Ripped back cowl is almost reknitted so I am hopeful of finishing that off tonight. Piccies at the weekend. I want to make some little crochet christmas socks as seen on the Le Monde de Sucrette blog. I'm aiming to make 24 of them to form a kind of advent calendar for the girls. I'll get a bunch of sweeties and tiny treats to put in them as a change from the usual chocolate calendar they get. They are really quick to do and an excellent way of using up all those bits and bobs of leftover yarn that I seem to be incapable of throwing away. Honestly, it's stashed all over the house in a range of tote bags.

Lots of events are beginning to stack up before we all break up for Christmas. A few concerts for the girls, christmas shopping and lots of other last minute bits and pieces I'm sure. The Christmas tree will be dragged out and put up again soon. I am following Father Christmas on twitter for the girls (they are enjoying seeing what he is up to) and I saw the first illuminated house of the season on my way home. It seems that even the immense hikes in the price of electricity can't keep the Christmas spirit down for some folks!

No comments: